The Crowdz team is thrilled to announce we have been shortlisted among the Top 10 for the Rise Fintech Company of the Year Award 2021, powered by Barclays Entrepreneurs. This nomination is a great achievement as we have been communicating innovation and disruption since inception.
Keep reading to learn more about Barclays Entrepreneur Awards and what winning the FinTech category could mean for Crowdz.
About Barclays Entrepreneur Awards
Each year, Barclays acknowledges entrepreneurs for their extraordinary innovation while building social change and growth to move our world forward.
From June to October, Barclays runs an ongoing application process to select winners from various areas of the United Kingdom. Their goal is to provide a perfect network that consists of the country’s most successful home-grown establishments.
More specifically, the Rise FinTech Award highlights and celebrates UK entrepreneurs who are changing their industry for the better. It shines a light on groundbreaking brands, championing big ideas that will only improve our economy and society.
The award’s criteria include components such as disruption, impact, diversity, and scale. It represents a financial service that is revolutionizing how our industry operates while also offering value to clients through cost efficiencies, payment processing, and more. The Rise FinTech Award is given to businesses like Crowdz, building the future of financial service.
The other seven categories recognized by Barclays include:
- Start-up Entrepreneur of the Year. This award celebrates new businesses going against the status quo.
- Scale-up Entrepreneur of the Year. This award recognizes an established business that is growing quickly.
- Social Entrepreneur of the Year. This award focuses on companies that continue to promote social or environmental change.
- Icon of the Year. This award is given to leading entrepreneurs paving the way for existing and future new businesses.
- International Expansion of the Year. This award showcases a highly profitable organization that is growing to surpass the UK.
- Eagle Labs Innovation Award. This award is given to lab residents creating a difference through digital modernization.
- Barclaycard Next Level Award. This category is awarded to entrepreneurs or organizations that have overcome a significant setback and experienced major growth.
The National Awards ceremony will be held in October. Here is where the national winner of each of these 8 eight categories will be announced.
What Winning the Rise FinTech Award Would Mean for Crowdz
As a future stepping stone, the Rise FinTech Award would provide an opportunity for Crowdz to showcase the successful growth of our vision and dynamic FinTech startup.
There are many benefits to winning the Rise FinTech Award, including:
- Enhancing our network to gain access to a community of thought leaders, industry experts, and other passionate entrepreneurs.
- Getting inspired by learning first-hand how other startup organizations are paving the way and making a name for themselves.
- Earning recognitions for our hard work and dedication to making groundbreaking contributions to business, economies, and communities.
- Boosting our brand awareness as this recognition often creates national buzz for winners.
The Crowdz team cannot say enough that even making it as a top 10 finalist of the 2021 Rise Fintech Award is a major accomplishment in itself. This recognition is a fantastic testament to the hard work and determination our team has delivered over the years.
Crowdz believes cash flow should never slow down the development of new businesses. That’s why we invented a platform that automates the invoice marketplace to put money in startup organizations’ books quicker than ever before.
Better yet, Crowdz provides instant working capital and trade finance resources, helping new businesses overcome any challenge. Just think of us as a one-stop-shop that frees up time to allow company founders to focus on making money, not chasing it. We are an entrepreneur’s finance-savvy friend that can give their team the upper hand when hitting the ground running.
Since opening our doors in 2014, Crowdz has focused on giving small and medium-sized enterprises the boost they need to thrive. We know firsthand how vital financial inclusion services are for SMBs.
For context, most small businesses in the UK only have enough cash on hand to stay afloat for 2 to 4 weeks (Harvard Business School). We want to change that.
With the right financial partner, entrepreneurs have the opportunity to grow their businesses, create new jobs, and develop their skills. For this reason, social impact is at the core of our mission at Crowdz. We can sleep peacefully knowing startup businesses have their chance to change the world.
Additionally, the leaders at Crowdz are committed to promoting corporate social responsibility. We work every day to offer services that treat our customers, employees, and the environment ethically.